Athlete of the Month Brooke Dinsmore!
Full Name & Nickname: Brooke Dinsmore, aka “Brookiewookie” or more recently, “McRib”
CF birthday: August 21, 2013 (August 21 happens to be my actual birthday, too!)
Best Maximus moment/story: My first kipping HSPU in the new Skills class. I always thought I needed two or three mats under my head… but the first time I only used one and was able to press back up? I freaked out. I jumped for joy and clicked my heels like a leprechaun. And then Ben did too. High-fives all around. Was one of the greatest and most hilarious things I’ve ever seen. Tied with that is the first time I ever power-cleaned a triple-digit weight; I failed the lift a half dozen times. Spitz noticed, came over and gave me a few pointers and then made me try again. When I stood that sucker up, I felt like King Kong on the Empire State Building. You could have told me I was bulletproof and I would have believed you.
4 Favorite CF exercises: Back squats, HSPU, KBS, burpees (yeah, I can feel the stares already).
7 things you may not know about me:
1. I lost 160 pounds about seven years ago. And I will never go back.
2. Before I was a CrossFitter, I was a runner. Last year, I ran three half-marathons and four full marathons. Most runners in Lexington only know me as “brookiewookiee.”
3. I’m a doctor in real life.
4. I own my own photography business, Free to Fly Photography.
5. There’s pretty much no food I won’t eat (at least once, anyway).
6. I’m a softball junkie. I coach girls’ softball through Bluegrass Fastpitch pretty much year-round.
7. I’m really flexible, thanks mostly to yoga. I LOVE me some yoga.
- Workout of the Day -
500m Row Max Effort (3/3 record pace)
- then -
50 Wall Balls
40 Box Jumps
20 Power Cleans
10 Power Snatches
- Cash Out -
Go to Maximus Recovery class or 5 min. static stretching
40 Air Squats
- Maximus Specialty Classes -
- Upcoming Events-