7 Rounds for time:
5 Power Cleans
15 Wall Balls
- then -
How to make the most out of your Holiday Eating
Many people allow two holidays to sideline their results because of the traditions associated with it. Others can come out of the holiday season maintaining or doing better than what they had done before. What makes the difference?
- Enjoy your meal and move on. Enjoy being with family and friends and enjoy everything that you consume to celebrate the holiday. THAT DAY. Don’t worry yourself into frenzy because you had one cheat meal or day. But don’t let one meal spiral into an entire season of let yourself go because it’s the “Holiday’s.”
- For guys that are looking to gain muscular bodyweight, this is the perfect time of year! Eat plenty of protein and fats and make sure your carbs don’t get out of control. Just because you are trying to bulk doesn’t mean you should eat chocolate donuts for breakfast. On the other side of the coin don’t think that you are going to put on an appreciable amount of muscle without eating plenty of calories, just try not to get crazy with it.
- Bring a dish to the party that is in line with what you normally eat. If you typically stay pretty paleo, then bring a tasty paleo friendly dish to the party. Even if no one else partakes, you will at least have something to snack on.
- Strength Training. Lifting weights has what we refer to as an “after-burn” effect. You will burn more calories at the rest than over the next 24-36 hours than you would have burned by just doing conditioning or stair master. Also, the more muscle you have, typically the learner you are. Granted your nutrition is in order.
- If you normally eat 5x per day, stick to that. Don’t just gorge yourself 1-2 meals per day and feel like crap. Treat your special feast like any other meal as far balancing your food and using some portion control.
- You will no doubt hate the way you feel after eating like crap anyway, so use that as motivation and assurance the you are doing the right thing.
- If you can eat clean 90% of the time, you are doing great!